Internet bridge won’t connect to new router

Options
I’ve just got a brand new router. My bridge powers up fine, the router light only flashes for a few seconds and then goes off. Nothing happens after this.

My Philips Hue bridge works fine, to rule out the Ethernet cable, i switched to the hue bridge cable but it still didn’t connect.

I then plugged it back into my old router and it connected straight away. So clearly there’s an issue with Tado and my new router.

Any ideas what it could be?

Answers

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think it has to do with the Ethernet standard used by tado°, 10mbps half duplex which not all routers support. If you search elsewhere in this forum you will find other discussions on the matter which also suggest the answer is to add switch between the router and the bridge . . .
  • wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    Options

Some routers don't support 10MBps half-duplex and will require a cheap ethernet switch* between the router and the Tado internet dongle. Alternatively, our rellie uses a cheap wifi extender** with an ethernet port, plus an external USB power block.

Also, some routers drop the USB power after a short time. From experience, both BT and EE branded routers will work with Tado.

* E.g. TP-Link TL-SG105S (or similar) should be a suitable switch. £15.99 from the on-line retailer with an 'A'.

** E.g. TP-Link AC750 Universal Dual Band Range Extender, Broadband/Wi-Fi Extender, Booster/Hotspot with Ethernet Port, £22.99 from the on-line retailer with an 'A'