Wireless Receiver question

Options

I want to replace the timer on a Worcester Bosch combi-boiler. The existing one is a wired electronic timer, slightly external to the boiler. So I have a wire to switch the hot water on & a wire to switch the heating on. Both temperatures are controlled by manual thermostat knobs on the front of the boiler.

Can I use the "Wireless Receiver" (described as the "Latest version of the Extension Kit.") to do that?

i.e. wirelessly connect the receiver to the Tado bridge? Or does the receiver only connect to the system via one of the Smart Thermostats ?

All I want is to replace the timer with an online timer so I can control the boiler's timer on a computer rather than the fiddly screen & buttons on the existing timer. I don't want to control the room temperature, that is already controlled by radiator valves

Answers

• Has anyone got an answer to this? I don't want to spend £90 to find out I can't do it

The instruction manual (under the professional installers section) shows it being linked to a room thermostat. Why? Can't it just be linked directly to the Internet Bridge & both hot water & heating controlled with on/off timers?

• OK, nobody has answered me, so I bought this. The answer is no, the receiver can't be controlled directly - mostly

For the hot water switching it is controlled directly, but for central heating it is switching based on a temperature it's receiving from a "smart thermostat". So if all you want to do is use it to switch the heating on & off then you have to set a thermostat to be either off or maximum at the times you want

Trouble is, that there is a random delay between making changes & the receiver responding. Sometimes it is instant, sometimes several seconds, sometimes several minutes. Why is this? It's not using the Internet is it? It feels like the settings are going via the Tado server somewhere in the world & being thought about before going to the receiver

The buttons for water & heating on the top are just test buttons, They switch off after a short period of time. It would be useful if they did something like add a 1 hour boost or something