tado ac not worked in homeassistant

tado ac control does not work in homeassistant. The air conditioner does not support the heat function, so I did not set it on the device, but I see the heat key error in the homeassistant log.

Answers

• 2019-06-19 00:16:30 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] Error while setting up platform tado
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 126, in _async_setup_platform
        SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=hass.loop)
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 416, in wait_for
        return fut.result()
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
        result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
      File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/tado/climate.py", line 62, in setup_platform
        tado, hass, zone, zone['name'], zone['id'])
      File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/tado/climate.py", line 79, in create_climate_device
        temperatures = capabilities['HEAT']['temperatures']
    KeyError: 'HEAT'

• Germán
    Germán | Admin

Hello kimet83,

We don't support any Homeassistant integration.

The integrations that tadoº products offer at the moment are:

Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Apple HomeKit and IFTTT.

Best regards,

Germán

• jelockwood
    jelockwood ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

@kimet83

Clearly Tado are not directly responsible for supporting HomeAssistant. However if the Tado AC is lacking a feature and from your post this might the case, then posting a message as a feature request in the https://community.tado.com/en-gb/categories/suggestions-ideas-and-improvements forum might be worth while.

Since some at least AC units can both act to provide heat as well as cooling it would seem on the face of it to be sensible to add support for a heat function.

In the meantime here is an alternative approach to try -

I am presuming you are currently trying the addon listed here -

This seems to not support the Tado AC and I get the impression it does not claim to do so. I also get the impression HomeAssistant does not support using Tado to control hot water heating either and therefore is limited to just central heating control.

It is however possible in theory to connect Tado devices to HomeAsisstant in at least two other ways.

Via an MQTT broker, this allows HomeAssistant to talk via MQTT to another smart home platform e.g. Samsung Smartthings and share devices with that other platform

Via the fact you can add HomeKit devices to HomeAssistant, see -

I don't know if either of the above will solve the problem but they might be worth exploring.