Will Tado work for me?

Options

I live in an old house (1580) with stone walls, some 2 feet thick. Wi-Fi is an issue, so I have six Access Points and a central controller.

the central heating is provided by a Valliant plus ecoTec637 driving a mains pressure system, with a Horstmann Channelplus H37XL timer for two heating circuits and hot water. There are also two Honeywell analogue thermostats, one on the ground floor and one on the first floor.

The second floor is occasionally occupied and there are 4 radiators that have thermostats on.

Will a Tado system work for us?

Thanks,

Mike

Answers

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    @MikeEsholt

Hi Mike...... I think that you will probably have issues with the connectivity of the Tado devices "No Remote Access"

The Tado Internet Bridge (the IB is a "must have" Tado device) is notoriously "fickel" in it's connectivity to both the Internet and also any Tado device that is a reasonable distance from the IB......especially if you have thick/insulated walls....or indeed more than 1 upper floor.
    I suggest that you carry out a thorough search of the Community Forum sections before you commit to the purchase of the Tado system..... The initial outlay can be quite expensive.