Why is away mode not overriding manual settings?

DamianT
DamianT
edited November 2021 in General Questions & Topics
As mentioned above - if im the last user exiting home, away mode should not only turn off the scheduled temperatures, but also override the manual settings.

For example my schedule stopped at 23, but i changed it manually 'till 23.30.
At midnight I've leave with away mode turned on. It didn't affect the manual override.
Why?

Why is the away mode not overriding any of the last inputs regardless if it was manual or scheduled.

It doesn't make sense if I set for example my living room manually at 20 degrees and then turn the whole home in away, and still having the 20 degrees heating over and over again.
What if I got away for 2 weeks and the last known setting was manual?
Seriously you want to make me think over and over again if there was a manual override or not?
Should really Tado consider the away mode only for schedules?
Or a simple message - you set the temperature manually, should tado change it to away mode.

Or easier - a switch in settings to decide if away mode shout be the master setting or not.

Comments

• I have the same issue. Please fix it Tado :)

• Seen the same thing so still an issue Tado, please fix. Spent a whole night heating a room unnecessarily :(
  • I have the issue as well.
  • If they 'fix' this to work the other way round, everyone that used this as a feature would be angry, so it really needs a lot more flexibility, and then you'll end up with some people being unhappy the interface isn't 'clean' anymore, or 'why make this so complicated, obviously it should just be set up in X way!' (where X is different for everyone).
  • I think I have the same problem as when I put it in away mode it then defaults back to the schedule after a day . Can’t find a way to stop that and gave up on the chat bot as I was in a perpetual loop of questions
  • Last year the Away setting worked fine. I was using it manually. I just signed up to Auto. Now when away, either using Auto or manually choosing Away the Room Thermostat, and non of the Rad Thermostats refuses to go into Away mode and continues to heat the room it is in. The rad in that room has an open non smart rad valve.
  • I often set manual temp when the system would normally be off, when working at home, or holiday periods. It would be great if away mode would override the manual settings too, restarting them when you return home.