Why do all my Tado rooms come on when I only select one on the app?

Options

I have Tado smart valves on Lounge radiator, Office and kitchen. I have a main wall tado thermostat in the lounge too.

When all tado radiators are off on the app, I want to turn my office heating on only and when I select it on the app the boiler fires up and starts heating the office. Great - however, all the other radiators (tado and non-tado) in the house come on too!

I know that non tado radiators will come on and I'm fine with that, but why are the other 2 tado rooms heating up (lounge and kitchen) , when even when I look on the app it shows that they are off?

Answers

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Options
    @kim6850 that seems like a calibration issue to me. Tado thinks the valve is closed, but it's actually not completely shut and therefore allowing hot water to enter the radiator.

Are the radiator thermostats (SRTs) directly fitted to the TRV or are you using one of the adaptors? It might be that the SRT is hitting its endstop before it can push the valve completely shut.

Might also be worth removing the SRTs and confirming that you can push the valve pin all the way in. Use the flat side of a coin or something to push down as they're often stiff and won't do your fingers any good.

Assuming you can, then refit the SRT and recalibrate them.