Adding Smart TRV into the mix of 2 Smart Thermostats and an Extension kit

Options

Hello!

I've not had much luck in terms of getting useful answers out of tado support, so hoping maybe I can get some better answers here.

I've got an ideal Logic+ System S24 boiler. Today (because I looked at the installation and servicing booklet after it was services), I noticed it actually supports OpenTherm.

My current setup is an S-Plan Plus, according to the Honeywell Definition. Hot water tank, a valve each for the two radiator circuits and one for the hot water, fine simple enough.

Then the Tado is two smart thermostats (one upstairs, one downstairs) and an extension kit. Originally it was installed with just one smart thermostat controlling both CH valves, but when I got a seperate smart thermostat for upstairs, I split the circuits (stats wired to the CH valves), and it's been working fine after a bit of initial teething trouble.

This is how it was setup when I got the house (new build), so there was never a "previous controller" or similar.

I bought some smart radiator TRVs a while ago, but never got around to fitting them. Asking tado support, I get answers like "it's not possible", copy pasting large parts of irrelevant documentation or being told that I can't use one part of the kit or another.

I want to put them in a few rooms where I care a little bit more about the temperature. One downstairs, the other 3 upstairs. And therefore when that room needs heat, the related valve is opened, and the boiler demand comes.

From what I've seen here, https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/3858/opentherm-with-ideal-logic-30-boiler and https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/2405/is-it-possible-to-effectively-use-a-tado-extension-kit-to-replace-a-three-channel-controller for example, it does seem it should actually be possible... Just tado seem to be a bit reluctant to support it for reasons I'm really not sure about. I find this a little bit odd when it seems to be a fairly standard setup (and legally required?) for numerous years, that Tado don't seem to support it.

Am I asking too much? Or just not asking tado the right questions?

And is it worth potentially swapping (or getting it swapped) over to OpenTherm instead of the current setup? Not sure exactly how easy or hard that might be with the current wiring setup...

Happy to provide pictures on request of anything that may be useful.

Thanks!

Sam