Tado feature request: 8-10 degree C mode support

Hi, I have 2 Tado AC controllers. I have been pretty happy with the one in our house, and purchased a 2nd one last week for our summer cottage. We recently installed a new Panasonic AC-model in the cottage, and during the winter, the AC is set to 8 degrees C to keep the house dry and frost free.

I assumed that Tado would support the 8-10 deg C mode that the Panasonic AC is equipped with, however, as others in this discussion thread discovered, this seems not to be the case. For me as well as the many other Tado customers in the nordic countries this is a big drawback of the Tado AC controller. 

I see there has been at least one reaction from Tado technical support, saying that few have requested that this feature is added (discussion going back to 2019).

I will set up a poll with this name: "Tado feature request: 8-10 degree C mode support". Please vote to support this initiative, so we get this important feature on Tado's to-do list.

Thanks.

Jens, Denmark

Tado feature request: 8-10 degree C mode support 27 votes

Tado: Please enable 8-10 degree C AC-mode support
88%
AndersModbergChristoffer_hotherpoulSJHansenBjarkelostdkNordic_CabinLouieJens_Psxrenandersensorenb86Nordic281910mhfmhfdsta_dkHodaJimVictor81hrhouLasselukas_42RvkDavid_E 24 votes
I don't need it, but I support the request
11%
GrayDav4276Maqqkroelle 3 votes

Comments

• Tado: Please enable 8-10 degree C AC-mode support
    Come on Tado, nothing happens??
  • Tado: Please enable 8-10 degree C AC-mode support

This is really lame. I don't understand the reason for the settings not going below 15 degrees, except if the inbuilt temperature sensor is not accurate/stable enough so Tado doesn't dare setting it lower than 15?

Anyone knows if eg. the Sensibo supports this?

Or any other products using wifi and off-site controllable?

/Stefan