Tado feature request: 8-10 degree C mode support

Hi, I have 2 Tado AC controllers. I have been pretty happy with the one in our house, and purchased a 2nd one last week for our summer cottage. We recently installed a new Panasonic AC-model in the cottage, and during the winter, the AC is set to 8 degrees C to keep the house dry and frost free.

I assumed that Tado would support the 8-10 deg C mode that the Panasonic AC is equipped with, however, as others in this discussion thread discovered, this seems not to be the case. For me as well as the many other Tado customers in the nordic countries this is a big drawback of the Tado AC controller. 

I see there has been at least one reaction from Tado technical support, saying that few have requested that this feature is added (discussion going back to 2019).

I will set up a poll with this name: "Tado feature request: 8-10 degree C mode support". Please vote to support this initiative, so we get this important feature on Tado's to-do list.

Thanks.

Jens, Denmark

Comments

• Additional comment:

I have temporarily used the following 'workaround' to address this issue, but it has limitations and does not fix the issue.

Tado technical support has not reacted to this post yet, even though it is clear that this issue is a vital flaw in the product for many users particularly in Scandinavia.

In cases where you need to enable the 'frost free' 8-10 or 12 deg. celcius mode of your AC/heatpump during the winter in a remote cottage, I suggest the following approach until Tado fixes the problem:

Put the heatpump into the 8-10 deg mode using the AC's remote control before you leave the cottage.

You are now able to monitor the temperature and humidity in the cottage using Tado.

When you plan to go to the cottage, use Tado to switch the AC into the regular 20-22 heat degree, however be aware that once you do this, you are not able to switch the AC back into the frost free mode.

• No news at all from Tado? Is it possible by using the API- interface?
  • I am in the same situation as you. Unfortunately tado isn’t very helpful to solve this minor problem. I suggest buying a climatech instead. I did and it works really well :-)

• I would also like this feature!