Worcester 2000 Greenstar 25Kw Erp Combi boiler and Tado - no modulation?

Options
Hi all, I am currently awaiting instructions from Tado on how to fit the thermostat bridging unit to my Worcester 2000 Greenstar Combi boiler. However they have told me if I do, I will lose modulation control on the heating? Has anyone else come across this - and is there a way to fit it without losing this function? Many thanks

Answers

• tomtomtomtoms
    edited November 2021
    Options

Hi there,

If you're installing the current wireless receiver (https://uk.shop.tado.com/products/wireless-receiver) then unfortunately this isn't possible.

As you've got a Worcester device, I'm guessing you're UK based. The UK version of the wireless receiver removed the ability to connect over a digital bus, meaning modulation isn't supported. For Worcester/Bosch boilers this would mean using the EMS connection. It only supports 240v relay which means boiler on/off.

If you want/require this need the old version named the Extension Kit as this supports both 240v relay and digital bus connections. I managed to pick one up on ebay for about £70.

As for why they decided to remove this from the UK version, I honestly don't know! It seriously downgrades the smartness of a so-called "smart thermostat"...