Tado thermostat

Options
Hi,

I've had radiator valves for the last 2 years and never had a problem. However I have just purchased the add-on thermostats for the rooms to work with them and since that I've had random intermittent issues were the schedule is not triggering heat.

I go to the boiler and sure enough nothing happening and radiators stone cold even though the app says heating and has done for the last few hours.

Anyone else come across this problem? Thinking about RMA'ing the additional thermostats.

Comments

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

I’d guess you have not assigned the Zone Controller for the new devices, so they are working in independent mode. The app says heating because the valve has opened. However, there has to be a demand for heat from a zone controller for the boiler to start heating the water.

• Cavester
    Options
    How can I check this. I don't think this is the problem because the issue seems intermittent, i.e. has happened twice in the last few weeks. And the thermostats are shown in the same zone as the radiator valves in the rooms and devices section.
  • GrilledCheese2
    Options

You can check the assigned zone controller in the settings. Select rooms & devices and then click on the room name. The zone controller option is at the bottom.

• Cavester
    Options
    Thanks, checked that and they are all signed to the same/correct zone controller.