When can we expect multi-home feature to be ready for use?

Options

When can we expect multi-home feature to be ready for use? We would like to be able to manage more than one home/location from single account/app. Is this feature on the list to be implemented or not? Thank you.

Answers

• GrayDav4276
    Options

Hi @beckis

Please search for "Multi Home Support" ......you may be able to answer your own question from the posts within this thread.

• Many years have passed and there is still no sign of any progress on adding multiple locations. I'd like to add a second Tado system to my office, but there is no facility to do so on the app. It makes no sense. We the customers are less likely to invest in the Tado ecosystem if it cannot grow with us.

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    Not gonna happen with the current generation of tado devices.
  • GrayDav4276
    Options
    Not gonna happen with the current generation of tado devices.
  • Fast128
    Options

But that's not a device problem, that's an app problem that could be fixed easily with the introduction of fast account switching. Right now you can use tado in multiple homes by setting them up with local home assistant or homekit server.

• GrayDav4276
    Options

OK....Let me rephrase my earlier comment.......

Tado are not going to implement this......while the current range/generation of equipment is in service.

• Thanks for the info GrayDav4276 - Is this your own gut feeling, or is it something the team at Tado have officially announced?

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    If you read the various responses that tado churn out regarding this and other improvement topics requested over a few years.....then my "gut feeling" is that " if " Tado are developing a new generation of tado devices then why would they even consider the "upgrades" to their current equipment.

Hence my previous post.....

" Tado are not going to implement this......while the current range/generation of equipment is in service."
  • Are Tado really bad at making apps? Tado customers have asked for this feature for years now with no results. Rival companies around the world seem capable of implementing this feature in a very professional manner.