Installation Issue

Options

Hi Folks, I've just hit my first problem during installation of the Wireless Receiver... and despite advice to the contrary from a Tado rep prior to purchase, the install process now says my heating system is not compatible with Tado.

So the receiver is meant to be replacing a Seimens RWB 1007 Timer Controller, that currently only sets the times for the heating. The water is on demand direct from the Combi Boiler.

So going through the install procedure in the app it asks if there is a bridge wire, and how many... there is one.

It then asks if the bridge wire goes from the L terminal to the 1 terminal.. it doesn't it goes from L to 2. So I click no, and it's at this point it says it's not compatible with my system. :(

This is how it's actually wired...

Which kinda makes sense if the RWB1007 termination diagram I found online is anything to go by...

So I don't know why the Tado equipment would be incompatible?

Or why the bridge wire was supposed to go from L - 1, when 1 is for hot water which isn't controlled by the Siemens timer, and runs direct from the Combi.

I'm not an electrician, but it seems to me I would just need to wire up the replacement Wireless Receiver:

• N -> N
  • L -> L
  • L (Bridge) -> NC
  • NO -> NO

And I'm guessing I should just say 'yes' to the app's setup question?

Or is there something I'm missing? Any help appreciated...

Cheer :)

Comments

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

Your proposal for the wiring is incorrect. It should be:

• N -> N
    • L -> L
    • L (Bridge) -> COM
    • NO -> NO

I think you’re correct that the bridge wire to terminal 2 is erroneous. It serves no purpose, but is not doing any harm.

• Swampy
    Options
    Thanks for the pointer.. 🍻

I temporarily wired up the receiver as you suggested and it seemed to power up OK, I was able to pair it with the Internet bridge as well... and it never went 💥 in a shower of sparks which is always a bonus! 🤣👍