Boiler not working after connecting wireless receiver

Options
Hi,

I have set tado up with the thermostat and trvs and internet bridge, all was working fine. So I thought I'd jump in and connect the wireless receiver.

I followed all instructions, everything says it it's fine in the app, however now the boiler is not firing up.

I have checked that the TRVs and thermostat zone controllers are set to the wireless receiver correctly.

Please can someone help - it's very cold now and we don't have heating or hot water after installing Tado. What makes it worse is there is no chat or support available...!

Comments

• Cavester
    Options
    Assuming it's all wired correctly you need to go into the wireless receiver / extension kit and run through instructions to select the correct boiler. If you don't do this the wireless reciever does not know how to trigger the functions for your particular boiler.
  • Joecity
    Options
    Thank you - I left a message with tado emergency support and they were actually very fast. The problem was with the bridging wires - boiler is now starting up! Thanks for your help :)
  • CatyBoy
    Options
    I also have same issue. Installed the wireless thermostat (V3+) today and everything seems fine in the app - all the devices are connected. However, the boiler is not getting triggered.
    Have dropped message to the support team.
  • I had this problem. The problem was I needed the "old" wireless thermostat left on also. Works fine now. If anyone knows how to get rid of the old thermostat completely please let me know.

• R_Newcombe
    Options
    Morning, I also had this issue when I set mine up, and I have the same issue after any form of power outage (after a storm). The solution for me was the old thermostat that I had removed. The boiler is still linked to it.

In order to fire up the heating for the first time I needed to use the old thermostat (set it manually to as high as it’ll go : 32 odd degrees) and then remove the batteries again. After this everything seems to be controlled by the Tado receiver.

If anyone knows of a way to do without the old thermostat completely please share!