How do Tado TRVs call for heat?

Options
k1s
k1s
edited December 2021 in General Questions & Topics

I have a Vaillant ecoTEC 627 boiler providing heat in an 'S Plan' to supply...

• Hot water with a motorised valve
  • 4 underfloor heating zones (via a manifold and Heatmiser UH4 wiring centre) into which there are 4 wired thermostats, which I think I can replace with Tado wired thermostats (if I accept they don't support floor sensors as protection against overheating)
  • 7 radiators behind a zone valve (via a Salus TC100 wiring centre). These currently have z-wave "smart TRVs" which communicate via a gateway to z-wave relays that send call for heat signals to the boiler when the set temp is higher than the temp measured at the TRVs

I think I can replace the existing TRVs with Tado TRVs, but what else do I need to buy from Tado to make the TRVs call for heat from the boiler when needed?

Comments

• k1s
    k1s
    edited January 2022
    Options

Answering my own question here:

Apparently needed is a "Wireless Receiver" which acts as a relay to call for heat and for hot water, to which the TRVs can all communicate.

It seems you can't get it by itself though, but only with Wireless another bridge and a redundant "Wireless Temperature sensor" (if you've already bought the TRVs)... so an extra £150