Boiler not turning on when it was earlier via app

Options

Hi,

I had the tado installation kit (wireless version) connected earlier. App connected all good to the internet bridge and temp sensor which is currently in the kitchen.

On the app now there's green icons for both pieces of kit to indicate all working as expected. When I click on the temperature sensor it shows the current temp and the set temp I've set via the app which matches up.

But for some reason the boiler isn't on (it usually makes a constant, typical boiler noise when running) even though it's not up to the set temp. I tried putting the set temp to 25C to try and get it to kick in but no luck.

I'm not sure what else to do as all lights that should be on are on and steady. 3 on the internet bridge and the 1 on the wireless hub connector thing that's wired to the boiler itself.

My BT smart hub is approximately 7ft from the boiler and the connector there and the temp sensor is probably 7ft the other way so don't see any issue with the broadband signal.

As an aside, I have BT complete wi-fi discs so I'm not sure if this has caused connection issues with Tado in the past as I had an issue with my SONOS speakers before that's now rectified.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them! TIA.

Answers

• Hi,

Everything you describe sounds like it should be all OK. Certainly if your app can see everything then the system is fully connected to each device and to the internet.

Are you able to establish exactly where the fault is? Are all the following triggering when you try to turn it on?

• App shows "Heating to.."
    • Zone Controller is correctly set to the "Extension Kit" see https://app.tado.com/en/main/settings/rooms-and-devices/room/1
    • Extension Kit is clicking on / off I can just hear a tiny click on mine
    • Thermostat cable to boiler is switching
    • Boiler firing up
    • May be worth confirming that the Main boiler setting is "Always On"

Gabriel

• eezytiger
    Options

@ozzie7 The boiler won't fire up or the pump run if it is in anti-cycling mode. You mention set temperature of 25C, but that will be for the room. What about the water temperature for the central heating in the boiler? What is that set to (e.g. 75C) and has the boiler shut off because it reached that maximum, even though Tado might still be requesting heat?

• ozzie7
    Options
    @eezytiger I wonder if your point around reaching max boiler is what I’m getting now.

Following my original post I tried a repair and that seemed to do the job and it’s been reacting fine to app commands.

The boiler temp for heating and water is set high at all times now. I noticed tado set temp wasn’t reached but boiler was making the noise that it was on and working but is that potentially because it’s at max and pumping through to your point @eezytiger ?

Cheers both for your replies!