Boiler not firing sometimes, tado wired stat

Options
If I adjust the temperature up with the app or with the wired stat, sometimes the boiler just doesn’t respond. However if I unplug the stat from its base and plug it back in again it usually fires ? Any ideas what it could be ? Few mornings now we have woken up really cold where the heating hasn’t come on .

Answers

• brody29
    Options
    Anyone have any ideas ?
  • user1314
    Options
    I see similar sporadically too. No drop in internet, no issues according to tado, the heating is on according to the timeline in app but the relays in the thermo and extension kit haven’t activated. Resetting the bridge always fixes it.
  • My experience

After January the 3rd 2022. Our Tado thermostat couldn't trigger the boiler neither. Warm tapwater was still working, so boiler seemed fine.

Actions taken to get it work:

Reset the bridge, as mentioned above.

I checked all batteries of all devices, some almost needed to be replaced (I had email notifications about this and there was ample time to replace them, 3 weeks or so). I replaced all batteries eventually.

It started to work.

My guess, some over the air update messed this up. Or the bridge could not sent the signal due to some network outage at some point.