Flashing Orange Power LED on Wireless Receiver - Heating On

Options

Hi All,

Last night for the first time ever, the heading was stuck on and could not be turned off from my phone or thermostat. The Power Led on the wireless receiver was flashing orange, and the LED indicting the reciever was calling for heat was also on.

I had to toggle the call for heat on and off manually from the wireless receiver - after a few minutes the Power LED changed to white, and I was once again able to turn off the heating from the app on my phone.

Any ideas what could have caused this? Its the first time ive seen the issue and the system has been working perfectly until this happened.

Answers

• Jasper99
    Options

I have had exactly the same experience a couple of times now. I power cycled the receiver to fix it.

I have also had the same problem (of the receiver calling for heat when it isnt needed) without the red flashing light.

Does anyone know where there is there a full description of what all the led states mean?

• what_a_tado
    Options

A flashing orange power led indicates that the Wireless Receiver is in test mode according to this article.

If test mode wan't manually activated by yourself then I suggest you report it to Tado support.

The description of what the led lights mean can be found at the link below.

• ianbunning
    Options

Exactly the same issue for me, heating locked on until I turn power off to controller and then it seems okay. Second time now and I'm worried it might happen whilst i'm not about and I spend all day heating a house that doesn't need heating ££££££££. Will definitely raise with tado direct.

• Vij203
    Options

I had the same problem twice in the past 2 weeks. Totally unacceptable if the receiver cant be switched off remotely. The heating remains on all the time and there is a fire risk associated with this scenario.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    I’d say the chances of your central heating causing a fire are very close to zero, but it is annoying if you can’t turn it off when you want. Sounds like a connection issue with the bridge.
  • Janey
    Options
    I've had the same with my receiver. It's now displaying the orange light and I can't get it put of test mode. My app showed the heating as off too which is annoying because it was actually on!
  • Hey Janey / All. When I experienced this issue the Tado hub was a long distance from the receiver that connects to the internet. It was in an old house also.

I moved the receiver that connects to the internet to a different location closer the the hub that connects to the boiler and I have never experienced the same issue again.

I can’t be 100% sure that this is what resolved but I suspect that if there is a weak connection over a long distance it may struggle to reconnect when it performs firmware updates a leading to this issue.

That’s my best guess anyway!