Tado TRV - Water droplets in battery area

Options

Hi,

I have Tado TRV's on all but one rad in the house, the other morning went into the front room to find it at around 25deg.

Checked what the Tado app and valve was indicating, which was OFF, as per my schedule.

Took the Tado off the rad to discover water droplets on it and in the battery box. Dried it all out and put it back on and worked fine.

Next morning back to square one, showing as OFF but wasn't.

So is this the Tado valve causing the issue, or is it the actual metal Drayton element. I had all new Drayton valves fitted to the RAD prior to installing the TADO?

You may gather "Plumbing" is not my thing!!

Comments

• GrayDav4276
    Options

Hi @D95gas ,

Working on the assumption that the water droplets are not condensation - I can't imagine for one minute that it is condensation.....the water droplets can only be coming via your radiator TRV itself.......as you say "plumbing is not your thing" you should get the engineer who fitted your radiator TRV's to check it out for you.......good luck.

• Matt1985
    Options
    Hi @D95gas did you manage to find a solution to the water droplets in the battery part of the Tado TRV’s? We’re finding that in a few of our TRV’s.
  • hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options
    Almost certainly the gland on the TRV body leaking I would say . . .
  • wateroakley
    Options

Can’t think of anything practical except the answer from hugbilly.