Send heat to TRV without heating Therm at same time

Options

Hello all!

Firstly apologies if this has been asked before. I have scoured the many threads and couldn't quite get the answer.

I'm in a new build with a combi and it has 2 wired therms which I have now replaced with Tado therms. One is for upstairs, one for downstairs. I have added a TRV to the kitchen. All are working well.

My question is, can I have heat going to the kitchen TRV only? The kitchen gets weirdly cold. If I set the Zone controller to the downstairs therm then when I want to heat the kitchen I have to have heat the rest of the downstairs too which gets way too hot. If I set the zone controller to independent then the therm still has to be on before the TRV will go on so a similar issue?

Any thoughts on being able to call heat to the kitchen TRV only if required or is this an issue with the plumbing loop?

Thank you in advance :)

Answers

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

The only way to achieve what you describe is to put a TRV on every radiator connected to the downstairs water circuit.

If the kitchen is colder than other rooms it may be the radiator is undersized, or not properly balanced. The lock shield at the opposite end to the TRV can be used to adjust the balance (how much hot water passes through each radiator). Being in a new build it wouldn’t surprise me if the heating engineers didn’t balance the radiators.