HomeKit going to sleep?

I installed a v3 starter kit a few days ago. I seem to have a repeat issue where first thing in the morning the thermostat in HomeKit is status “no response” if I go into the Tado app everything is fine and I can control it.

Once I turn it on through tado the thermostat becomes responsive through HomeKit and will stay responsive for the rest of the day.

My HomeKit hub is an Apple TV 4K and I’m on the latest iOS. I have about 15 HomeKit accessories all working fine. Apple TV is wired into the same switch as the Tado internet bridge (unifi 48port Poe).

Grateful for any pointers I had a quick search couldn’t see anything directly similar on the forum.

Comments

• Tado currently acknowledge a problem with HomeKit and their Smart AC Controller, but reading other forums the issues seem to affect the heating devices too.

Since the roll out of iOS 15 there’s been a lot of connectivity issues with third-party smart devices relating to HomeKit and geofencing. There’s an expectation that Apple will fix the issue, but it’s been a number of weeks since the new OS was launched.

• I'm on iOS 17.1 and HomeKit says 'No response' for my Tado CH all the time.

I'm not sure how/why Tado claims that it is any way HomeKit compatible as there is zero integration of their HW control, if you buy the 'add-on' receiver.