Please help before I have to return all the kit?

Hi, brand new setup here. Got the tado smart wired thermostat connected to a valiant eco tech pro 28 (Older model)
It’s currently replacing the wired thermostat from valiant and just using the ebus + and - wires.
My problem is when I set the device to d07 which I believe is required to operate my boiler the unit basically stops being a zone controller.
Anyone have any ideas why this would be happening? I’ve rebooted, reinstalled and re-pared it. Still happens every time

If anyone has any ideas that would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• It's best if you return it. It's what tado support actually suggests. Here is an email from them after i reported a lot of connectivity issues:

Hello Paul,

thank you for contacting us. I kindly ask you to leave your feature request in the tado° Community, so it can be discussed and voted on by our community members. 

That feedback then helps us determine what we should change, and which features we should develop further.

We are currently doing the best we can to innovate and develop our products and services to the highest level that we can. However, this also means that implementations take time to be fully integrated and work properly along with all consumers. So if you are looking for a solution to all of these things now, it would seem best for you to choose something other than tadoº - as I cannot guarantee you at this very moment that there are no more delays in features like open window detection, for example.

Please have a look over the following link where you can start the returning process.

In case you have any more questions, do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Wishing you a lovely weekend.

Kind regards,

Wendy