Compatibility

Options

Dear Gurus, I am a newbie and I have two questions:

1- To use Tado radiator knob know do I need to replace my manual valve with an M30 x 1.5 mm thermostatic radiator valve? Is there a guide/video for this?

2- When I replace my existing thermostat with Tado do I need to only connect two wires? Is there a guide/video for this.

PS: I have Remeha Avanta 28C Boiler, Remeha Isense Thermostat, Old knobs and I would like to buy Tado Thermostat, Starter kit and 10 Radiator Knobs.

Comments

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

Yes, you will need to replace the manual valves with an M30 x 1.5 mm TRV before you can install the Tado smart radiator valves. There are a number of videos on YouTube for guidance, but replacing 10 valves will be a big job if you have minimal plumbing experience.

You’re in the Netherlands so I assume your current controller is using Opentherm. Yes, it’s just two wires and Tado should provide you with instructions on how to swap over the wall thermostat.

Initially you could buy just the wall thermostat and trial the app before you go to the expense of replacing the manual valves and buying the smart radiator valves.

• tkrupa
    Options

i have the same CV model and it works fine with tado.

Like yourself, i also had to replace all the valves but i hired a contractor to do the job.

I also live in the Netherladns and i can recommend nerds.nl for the installation. They have done a great job. it only took a couple of hours to get everything installed and setup.

Kind regards

• tkrupa
    Options

i have the same CV model and it works fine with tado.

Like yourself, i also had to replace all the valves but i hired a contractor to do the job.

I also live in the Netherladns and i can recommend nerds.nl for the installation. They have done a great job. it only took a couple of hours to get everything installed and setup.

Kind regards