TRV settings and boiler temperature

Options
Hi just setting up my Tado system for 1st time. So, should I set each TRV to max and let the Tado maintain the set temperature? I'm thinking that if the TRV is set lower then it will mean the boiler will have to work harder to reach desired temperature. Also, I can adjust the CH water temperature at the boiler, should this be set to max also? I'm looking for the most cost effective setup.

Answers

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    Hi @CarlosB
    You need to supply much more information on your setup if you expect to receive information that may assist you.
  • CarlosB
    Options

OK,

I have the Tado Wireless Smart Thermostat Starter kit V3+ set up with the receiver connected to a Dimplex Combi boiler - so no hot water control. The thermostat is in the lounge which has 2 radiators with thermostatically controlled valves (not smart). In addition we have radiators in 2 bedrooms and the bathroom that also have thermostatically controlled valves and a small radiator in the hall that has no valve. There is no other thermostat, we previously controlled the temperature with the simple timer clock on the boiler and the valve settings on each radiator.

So, bearing in mind I am looking for the most cost effective setup, my questions are,

1. Should the valves on the lounge radiators be set to maximum and allow the thermostat to maintain the set temperature or should I adjust the valves depending on outdoor temperature and time of year?
    2. At the boiler I can adjust the temperature of the water going through the radiators. Again, should this be set to max (75 deg) or adjusted depending on prevailing conditions? We have never had it at max, it usually sits between about 45 and 55 deg.

Thanks in advance.