Help needed with Worcester Bosch Greenstar 32CDi Compact

Options
Hi, I've been using tado since March 2015 on a WB Greenstar R30 HE Plus (the tado replacing a TR2 wired thermostat). My old boiler died in early January 2022 and I've had it replaced with a Greenstar 32CDi Compact combi - no programmer or timer as I was expecting the tado to work. Unfortunately, I can't get the tado thermostat to control my heating - the boiler is on constantly and I've had to adjust the flow temperature manually on the boiler itself. I can see the thermostat on the app and I've wired it the way tado recommend but still no control over the heat regardless of whether I turn it up/down or off.
So far I've tried EMS to +/- and 230v relay as per tado helpdesk suggestions but neither work and I get the impression they're ready to give up.
Has anyone successfully wired one up that can help? :/

Answers

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

Perhaps you know this already, but just want to check. When you changed between EMS and Relay did you, or your engineer, change the wiring inside the boiler? Each mode is wired differently at the boiler.

If you are using the EMS setup the 230V switched live connections in the boiler are permanently wired to Live. The boiler is then dependent on the EMS bus to tell it what to do. If there is no communication on the EMS bus this could cause the boiler to be constantly on.

• Hi, thanks for getting back to me. The 230v connections are as they were on installation - see pics and wiring diagram.

Cheers

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

The wiring in the boiler is what I’d expect for EMS control. Can only conclude that the thermostat is unable to communicate with the boiler for some reason. I think Tado has more than one EMS configuration so might be worth asking the support team if they’ve tried different configurations. Also, worth checking that they support your specific model. I know from this forum that the latest WB 8000 model is not compatible.

• Donny, do you have a wiring diagram for the Tado onto your old HE plus boiler ? Thanks, Chris
  • SamuelDonuts
    Options
    Also requesting how you got Tado to work with your old 30 HE Plus? Just moved in to somewhere with this boiler and despite joining Tado to the 230V block (in place of TR2 which was wired to the logic board) can’t get it to control heating.