Wireless v3 tado not compatible with ebus

Options
Hello
But disappointed with Tado.
I quoted and fitted my first Tado control today.
I wanted an ebus compatible control for the vailiant boiler I am fitting to give me load / weather compensation.
I ordered the new wireless v3 or whatever and guess what there is no low voltage connections!
I rang technical and they said that the wireless stats are incompatible with low voltage controls (Ebus open therm etc) in the uk.
So I now have a disappointed customer as they didn’t pay for an on/off control.
My question is this, can I buy a tado extension kit as I understand they do have low voltage connections and will it be compatible with the wireless temperature sensor that I bought as part of the wireless tado starter kit? Basically received a thermostat, receiver and internet bridge.
What I am asking is will the extension kit just replace the wireless receiver and give me a method of connecting up to Ebus on the vailiant.

Thanks in advance

Logan

Comments

• GrilledCheese2
    GrilledCheese2 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options

Yes, the extension kit does have support for digital interfaces. The model is discontinued but you may be able to find one still for sale. Previously there’s been some questions over ebus compatibility, but I think it will work with combi models. Not sure why the new wireless receiver was split into two variants for UK and EU.