TRV suddenly started reading 8 degrees too high

Options

Trying to fix a problem with 'no remote connection', and after taking off the TRV and putting it back again, it's telling me the temperature in the room is now 28C, which it patently isn't. It feels like this is a valve that's going bad ...

Answers

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi @RJMS
    Am I correct in assuming that the temperature dropped after a period of time ?? 🤔
    I had this happen with one of my SRT's once when I was experiencing problems with the SRT.......It was caused by my prolonged handling of the device which was being registered by the device temperature sensor.
    If your device is continuously reading high, then if it's not the temperature "offset"......then you should report it to Tado Support.
  • RJMS
    Options

Thanks for the input. This is a TRV that spontaneously started showing 'no remote connection', then after trying to reset it, it showed this temperature fault. It's now sorted itself out - but - it's not responding to calls for heat, and manually changing the temperature doesn't actuate the radiator valve. My feeling is it's a TRV that's gone bad ...