Alpha HE CB25 Boiler wiring

Options

I have connected the brown (live) and Blue (neutral) wires to the boiler and to the TADO wireless receiver. What happen with the grey wire, do I remove the red jumper and connect to Room thermostat 1 as shown on the boiler lid and then to NO NC on the wireless receiver? I have emailed Tado but they first said to look at the instructions on the app, which I of course did first. Then they replied how to wire up the receiver. But the question is for the boiler wiring.

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Answers

• ladaowner
    ladaowner
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Don’t expect any useful reply from Tado or from this forum. They are useless when it comes to the boiler connections.

Instructions in the app say consort boiler manual with is useless.
  • GrilledCheese2
    Options

Remove red link wire in boiler.

Connect Live and Neutral to Receiver.

Boiler 1 -> Receiver COM

Boiler 2 -> Receiver NO

• ladaowner
    ladaowner
    edited February 2022
    Options

GrilledCheese thanks for the comments, surprised any one replied but thanks for your help. This was my thoughts that the boiler needs 2 wires (not a single grey like the tado instructions say) however doing your method would mean the internal clock was still wired up, can I remove the internal clock and wire directly to the 2 red wires where the internal clock would have been.

• DannyC79
    Options

So you got a fuller picture these are the pages from the app instructions. There is also an inclusion of a purple wire in the receiver and it tells you to cap the black. I also include photos of boiler wiring. Thanks

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

@ladaowner the wiring can be done the way I described or by using the single grey wire with the purple link wire. The end result is the same. The purple link wire is providing the Live for the COM, but the way I described used the second wire to provide the Live. You will need to disconnect the internal clock for the thermostat to have control.