Using radio without internet

Options
Hi. We have just got a new house and no internet at the moment for 2 weeks. I was advised we can override the task manually by using the buttons on the top of the wireless receiver which is connected to to boiler but it only stays on for 2 minutes in test mode.

Is there a way we can get our heating on without the internet as at the moment we have no heating now in the whole house until the internet gets connected in 2 weeks time.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Answers

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Options

@davweston I believe you have to push the main button, not the other buttons. See the guide here:

That being said, as it's the internet that's not working, I think you could still control the temperature using the thermostats themselves as they can still talk locally to one another - they just won't follow the schedule.

• davweston
    Options
    Thank you for your help. This might sound silly but which is the main button as there is the wifi signal button, the heating and hot water buttons but both these only stay on for 2 minutes when pressed due to it going into test mode.

Which button would need to be pressed to put it on permanently and for how long does it need pressing?

Many thanks for your help
  • cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't actually own the wireless receiver myself, as I've got the older extension kit.

However, I believe the main button is the one you refer to as the "wifi button", as I think the other two are just test buttons.

Somebody else might be able to say for certain.

If you've got the bridge plugged in, even with no internet access you should also be able to control the temperature directly from those devices too.
  • davweston
    Options
    Thank you. I’ll give that a try tonight