How to change wires from Siemens RDE10 to Tado?

Hi!

I am really new to the whole cabling world, but after being quotes £150 for installation I thought I could definitely try to learn something and I think I made some progress, but still need help.

I want to replace my Siemens RDE10 connected to a heat exchanger (note - not a boiler) with Tado. I currently have blue cable going into N. Brown into L and then continuing into Q11. Black into Q14.

Could somebody very simply please advise as to how I reconnect those to Tado as I could see form the manual the cabling is different?

Thank you so much!

Alex

Answers

• That is what it looks like

• Did you get assistance? Mine is the same

• N and L will match up to tado N and L.

Q11 is simply the bridge of the L to give power to the switched L, which then comes out of Q14 and takes the call to heat from the thermostat to the system, when the location is below set temp and the relay triggered.

• Hello ! I have the same RDE10 originally in place. RDE10 was working "well" but I wanted to have a better control on the heating.

I tried to connect the Tado with the app instructions but when connected, nothing happen, I notice a "clic" sound (like an electrical relay) when I set the heating up on the app but the heating system is not working ...

So I re-installed the RDE10 (It's quite cold these days ;) ), and this one is working fine.

I contacted the Tado technical support for help, because I think my Tado is not working well, maybe a chock during the delivery has broken some electrical pieces inside ...

I will post the technical support procedure here for the nexts with RDE10 issues !

If someone has already deal with this Siemens Thermostat, I will be happy to find some pictures of the wiring !!

Bye