Logic Combi 30 .Central heating not working

I have tried to install tado wireless starter kit to my Logic combi 30 boiler as per app instructions.

After installation receiver, bridge and thermostat all connect to internet and all lights on as should be. App shows everything working.

However boiler will not turn central heating on. Receiver calls for heating but boiler does not fire up. Looks as if app thinks central heating is on but nothing from boiler.

Would really appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Comments

• awr
    awr
    edited January 2023
    Hello. I have exactly the same problem. The boiler displays "room stat or timer switched off" when the tado wireless receiver is connected and calling for heat.The black and grey wires are both live when this happens. There is no internal timer or controller on the boiler.

When I reconnect the old controller (same wires, same colours and black & grey live when calling for heat) it works fine.

Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong please??!
  • Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭

Are you using SL or OT?

Stick up some pics of your boiler connections and someone will be able to help.

• Hello and thanksfor responding. Not sure what you mean by SL & OT ?

I'll see if I can work out how to post pics.......
  • https://postimg.cc/gallery/PTbZ605
  • Mmmm... that doesn't appear to have worked. One pic is supposed to show the original controller backplate with wires from boiler connected and the other is the boiler-end of the same wire..

The wireless receiver connections are made identical to the original backplate connections. (Left hand 4 terminals blue/brown/black/grey).

I don't have a pic of that at the moment & I'm not there, so I can't take one. I will do so ASAP.
  • Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭

Ok. SL is switched live. 230V from boiler, send it back down another wire, called the SL.

I presume you have the extension kit design, not the newer wireless receiver.

You’d want to attach the live and neutral, plus the black and grey. Sounds like you haven’t attached those two correctly. NO - normally open is 4. So 1 and 4 for black and grey.

Hope that makes sense.

• Thanks for that. It's a new style wireless receiver. I think your comments have highlighted the problem:

The two pics on the link below show the connections for the old esi wireless thermostat/controller and the new tado receiver.

A closer look reveals that the NO terminal on the old esi controller is number 4, whereas, on the tado receiver, it is number 5.

Being an idiot in a hurry, I connected the grey to number 4 on the tado receiver, which is in fact the NC terminal, hence it didn't work.

Before I try again and connect the grey to number 5 on the tado receiver, can you confirm that I am thinking straight this time please?

Thank you.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/f9jkHCy
  • Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭

You’ve got it.

Essentially the blue and brown just provide power.

The grey and black just need to be touched together and on comes the heating. Connect one to the Common and one to Normally Open connections. It’s usual to make the Com the incoming live and NO the return to the boiler.

• Thank you. Just did it and it worked like magic.

Thank you very much indeed.