EE bridge issue all over again, this time with City Fibre?

Options

My bridge stopped connecting to the Internet in the early hours of March 1st. This coincides with a planned update to the City Fibre network and seems to be a repoeat of this now resolved issue with EE.

My system has not worked since and I now have been waiting two days for a reply on the chat support service. This is unacceptable. Perhaps I am the only customer with this issue at the moment but City Fibre are rolling out their network accross the UK and if Tado does not work on it, I'll be far from the last.

I've invested a fair amount of money in this system and if anyone from Tado is reading this, some help with this issue would be appreciated. You've solved similar before with EE, you know how to go about it.

Comments

• Rob2
    Rob2 ✭✭✭
    Options

It is quite unlikely that an issue with your internet connection (unless it is dead, of course, which you should check from another device on your network) is going to cause issues with your Tado bridge.

Al it does is make a https connection to the Tado server and keep that running all day, similar to what your computer or phone would do when you open Twitter or Facebook and keep that opened all day.

You can try unplugging and re-plugging the bridge.

• tulloch
    Options

The Internet is working fine. The bridge is working fine when connected to another ISP on the openreach network at a friends house. Still waiting on a reply from support despite haveing given them all the details for a second time today including a video or the flashing light. Obviously can't take the customer's word for that.

• MJB1392
    Options

I also have City Fibre and a FritzBox router. I have tried everything to get the bridge to connect and I think it's down to the bridge requiring a 10Mbit connection. Tado don't seem too interested in resolving this so I'm sure the device isn't designed to connect to a Gbit router.

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    Options

@MJB1392 Internet Bridge v3+ can work smoothly with gigabit routers.

Any firmware update recently done on you FritzBox device?

https://en.avm.de/service/knowledge-base/dok/FRITZ-Box-4040/318_LAN-connection-to-FRITZ-Box-cannot-be-established/