Have I bought the wrong kit??

Options
Hi all, I purchased the Tado Wireless starter kit V3+ thinking it could replace my old mechanical thermostat and programmer. I assumed I would have to disconnect the old thermostat but the guided instructions don’t mention anything about it and Iv seen various information stating it has to stay connected or at least partially. By the looks of it I needed the wired starter kit but I’m kind of stuck with this one now so is there any way round this at all? I don’t mind leaving the old thermostat connected if need be as long as I can still control it all via The Tado kit.

Comments

• wateroakley
    Options

For a typical S-plan or Y-plan heating system, in general, you should be able to replace the programmer and room stat with a wireless starter kit. However, more details of your system, with it's components and controls, would be needed before saying any more.

• Andyc311
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I have a combi boiler with a Honeywell st9100s programmer and a basic mechanical Honeywell wired thermostat. I would upload pictures of the wiring etc but can’t seem to figure out how to on this forum.
  • andyblac
    andyblac ✭✭✭
    Options

@Andyc311

second to left icon in the leave a comment section. see below.