Vaillant eRelax termostat with Tado

Options

Hi,

I've Vaillant erelax termostat already installed in my home. I buy 7 pcs tado radiator termostats and installed to all of my radiators.

The problem is; i would like to disable (always full open) the valves which room that my erelax device in. But i couldn't see such a selection in tado app. If tado closes all of the radiators than i can have problem with my boiler.

While the erelax regulating it's own room, i would like to keep tado devices full open there.

Is there such an option? Otherwise i would like to advise you to add this for future release.

Please don't advise to set to the highest value, it is only 25 available on the app. If i calibrate, it is only -9.9. But tado measurement not so accurate sometimes, so even in this setup it can close the valves.

Answers

• eezytiger
    eezytiger ✭✭✭
    Options

Unless the system has a bypass fitted then it is always advised to leave one radiator without a TRV/SRT to avoid problems with pump or boiler. If you have 7 radiators then only 6 SRTs are required.

One solution - If you remove the Tado SRT then the valve will remain open always. It cannot be closed off there is no SRT on top.

If you now have a surplus SRT and can't return it then you could just leave it loose on top of the valve and make sure that is set to independent so it never calls for heat. It will function as a "decorative" cover for the valve, a spare in case another SRT should fail, and ready to go if you need to close the valve down for radiator maintenance.

• Rob
    Rob | Admin
    Options

You currently have 2 systems in this one room that are working against each other. This is never advisable. It would make most sense to me to pick one of the following:

1. Leave the eRelax, remove tado° from the room with the eRelax. Or,
    2. Replace the eRelax with our thermostat. We are compatible with the Vaillant eBus that the eRelax uses. Our wired Smart Thermostat can replace it if you have a wire. When you are outside of the UK the Wireless Receiver (part of the wireless thermostat starter kit) can replace it as well.
  • KnNLmS
    Options

Hi Rob,

Yes, i don't want them to work against each other.

But i would like to have a soft button on the app, instead of physically removing, i would like to suspend when i want to. So, if i carry my wireless thermostat, i can enable them back by app.

I don't want to make double investment at a time(i have erelax well working with my boiler), but i can replace in the future if fails or if i replace my boiler. Till tat time, i expect from you to apply that easy solution to your app.