How to turn on hot water from extension kit without internet

Options

Hi, I have a thermostat and extension kit that is linked via an internet bridge. Extension kit is connected to control wiring to heat hot water for the hot water storage cylinder.

Frustratingly, they are on a building site, so there is no phone line or internet available on Ethernet and the bridge does not work with wifi hotspot.

I took the extension kit and thermostat to a place with internet and got them setup with online app and tado has helped me activate my extension kit successfully, but question is how do I turn the hot water on and off when the devices are back at the building site without the internet.

Can the hot water on the extension kit be controlled from the thermostat directly without using the app or internet?

Many thanks

Answers

• Germán
    Options

Hello vcl00e,

After there has been a correct installation and configuration with Internet, when later the Internet is not available then you can manually control heating and hot water from the Smart Thermostat. You need the Internet Bridge to be powered so the devices remain in the radio network.

If the radio connection is lost, then the Extension Kit will trigger its manual control fallback mode, where both heating and hot water can be turned on and off from the Extension Kit itself.

Best,

Germán

• PaulJJ
    Options

We have had difficulties with our internet installation so our internet doesn't work at present. So we don't have access to the Tado app on our phones. The bridge is powered and we have successfully adjusted the TADO radiator valves manually so we have heating. But we don't yet have hot water. This thread says it can be controlled via the smart thermostat. Please elaborate. Is this simply a matter of turning up the smart thermostat temperature setting higher than the ambient room temperature?

• amstuart
    Options

I had the same issue, without internet connectivity during the initial set up it is not possible to configure the wireless temperature sensor.

There should be a method to set up without internet. If this is part of a second fix plumbing installation on a site without internet it becomes impractical!