Are many people having range issues

Hi,

I have regular range issues with my system and am unable to add some new devices to some areas of my house as i can't find a spot for the internet bridge which will reach all areas. As advised, the bridge is mounted vertically. I get drop outs from some thermostats from time to time.

Do other people have range issues? I find it frustrating, as it would seem sensible that Tado created a mesh network between mains powered devices (as you see in Zigbee, Z-Wave and Thread). As I understand it Tado is in the Thread group and even uses 6oWPAN as an underlying protocol (which allows mesh).

I would even be happy to buy a plug in range extender if the thermostat and extension kit don't have the hardware to be a mesh network node.

Thanks

Comments

• I had range issues until I moved my TADO bridge upstairs, it seems to be able to reach all areas of the house now. I live in a bungalow that has been extended, so it is quite long, but has a loft conversion above part of the bungalow. I lose connection with the furthest out TRVs from time to time, but very rarely. I walk past the bridge a couple of times per week and always check it. I think my bridge is on the edge of the range. Been using the system since Feb 2019.