How best to integrate tado with a Viessmann Vitodens 200-W?

Options

The Vitodens 200-W has a KMbus+ which doesn't support Tado. Would it still be possible to let the boiler control the flow temperature modulation and weather compensation, and then separately Tado can control the TRVs timing and temperature just through the wireless hub?

Or is something similar possible?

Answers

• NellyFurtado
    edited April 2022
    Options

Would be keen to understand this also as likely to go to a similar boiler next. We seem a looooong way off Air and Ground source heat pumps being reasonable!

The modulation rate of this boiler seems a fantastic match for tado; our current 10 year old boiler is considerably less so as it pumps out too much heat when only a couple of things are on and then cycles on and off.

• techypaul
    Options

I have this same question. I don't mind buying a new controller to work with the Vitodens 200-W, but it should be easy for tado as a whole to work with this amazing boiler. GAH!!!!

Come on guys, sort it out.

• DM932187
    Options
    I’ve run Tado in relay with a V100 running the far inferior weather comp to the V200.

With the fully dialled in WC on the V200, Tado is really only going to offer geolocation, behind the paywall.

The Tado OT isn’t even worth thinking about. The 200’s WC leaves it for dust.