Adding an Extension Kit/Wireless Receiver to existing system

Options

After any thoughts on what I need to do here, as it hasn't worked as I was expecting (hoping!)...

I have been stuck with a 3-channel boiler programmer that i could not replace as tado don't support 3-channels programmers. Therefore I have never been able to control the hot water via tado.

Upstairs I have a smart thermostat wired to the boiler controller that is acting as a zone controller for all the rooms upstairs that each have a smart radiator valve and temperature sensor pair.

After upgrading my UFH downstairs I was able to remove the 3rd channel. I therefore purchased a tado extension kit / wireless receiver to replace the programmer on the boiler so that I can also control the hot water via tado and complete the tado setup.

I replaced the programmer no problem (default S-plan config) and i can now control the hot water.

However for upstairs now all my rooms are set to the extension kit/wireless receiver as their zone controller - which is not want i want and I cannot change as the only option available is the extension kit.

This means that rooms upstairs will only heat if the landing is heating - because that is the wired smart thermostat, and the light on the extension kit/wireless receiver only comes on when that landing smart thermostat is heating. Any other room, the heating does not kick in.

That smart thermostat still seems to think it is a smart thermostats controlling the heating and not a wireless temp sensor.

Any idea anyone?

Interestingly when I look in the hot water 'room', it has two devices... the extension kit and a randomly chosen wireless temp sensor from upstairs - which is also a member of a room upstairs. Very odd.

Also.... extension kit vs wireless receiver.... are they the same thing? They appear to be as if i search for an extension kit what i end up buying is a wireless receiver but if i search for documentation for extension kit i find stuff for an evidently older model?

Thanks