iOS beta 6.40+ are horrible 😡

Hi tado,

I guess you fired your UX designer, because the changes in 6.40+ are horrible. Two major things are changed:

• You have to hold your phone with two hands now, to change the temperature. Because the slider behaves differently before 6.40.
  • Date format phone settings are not followed any more. I get AM/PM notation, while my phone settings are set to 24 hours.

I already submitted a ticket through support. After a dozen replies from serval support members with "we have to forward this". I was turned away, asking to submit a feature request on community forum.

As a tado ambassador and yes, I can call myself that (customer since 2015) with:

• 1 thermostat
  • 5 temperature sensors
  • 1 extension kit
  • 10 radiator values
  • 1 AC
  • And advised serval family members and friends (3 households that actually bought tado because of me, and not just a thermostat...)

I'm really disappointed the way things go.

So my questions for you tado:

• Why should I be a beta tester? If feedback is just rubbish for you?
  • Why is it so hard to submit beta feedback, with all those hurdles?

My actions after this:

• I keep downgrading my app to 6.39 (11591) until the build expires.
  • And keep a bitter feeling after this whole debacle.

Comments

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Hi @DavydeVries
    I understand your recent disappointment with the changes made by tado°
    I was also a Beta tester......but I couldn't really "see" any positives to being a Beta tester. So I've gone back to being a "normal" App user.
    I have also turned off my pnone's Auto Update feature, as I usually wait to see if there are any "issues" with the latest release.
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭

There are some other weird issues with the Android app at the moment also. 1, Select a room which is scheduled 'on heat' (!) and actually being heated to find that the slider is the correct colour but is at the minimum level. 2. Select a room and met with a black box saying access not authorised and requires reboot of phone to correct it.

Strange times!!

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    @samd
    Am I being too harsh on tado° to "expect" that when tado° releases an App Update....that it actually works without creating a new "issue"..........
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@GrayDav4276 You and your standards heh?😉