Are Tado hot and cold settings right?

JanetG
JanetG
edited June 2022 in General Questions & Topics
It is a warm sunny day, my bedroom registers 19.9 and Tado says”your room is too cold, turn on the heating”. It feels a good comfortable temperature to me and with heating costs and the environmental need to save energy I think they need to revise their advice on comfortable room settings.
Am I particularly hardy or do others think they need to lower their comfort temperatures?

Best Answer

• JanetG
    JanetG
    Answer ✓
    I agree about user defined settings. Just installed mine so not aware this had been commented on before. Thanks

Answers

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Hi @JanetG
    This point has been brought to tado°s attention many times by many people, with no resolution offered by tado° or even any indication that they could do anything to change these settings.
    It should be, in my opinion, a user definable setting.......please don't hold your breath on that being altered any time soon, unfortunately.
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭

If your bedroom crosses the 20C barrier you may get a "keep doing what you've been doing!" if you're lucky. Makes all the difference

• You're so so right. This is to me the most annoying thing about Tado. I installed it with the goal of being more sustainable and smart about the way I heat my house and all I keep getting is suggestions on setting the temp higher. It seems like 23° is "the right temperature" which of course is bullshit, especially in the winter.

Tado team, please make this a user setting to customise. Alternatively, make this different per season or adjust. 19° should be a "just right" temperature
  • Thank you for your comments. I have been using the system for 6 months now including the recent sub zero temperatures. I find 19 for sitting room and 17 for kitchen and bedrooms is just about right. I keep rooms to a daytime background temp. of 14 so they keep aired and heat quickly when needed. Yes, I keep a rug handy to cover me while sitting but I think this is the socially acceptable thing to do. I hope Tado will think about the environment and be more realistic about suitable temperatures.
  • rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

I've seen comments in the past that colors are also not right, but I see no issue here. These things must be 'regulated', otherwise people will be confused.