Hot water boost via app

There used to be functionality using the app whereby you could boost the hot water for a limited period of time, say 1/2 hr then it would return to schedule.

As it now works you can only override the schedule and turn the hot water on. If you then forget to turn it off it will run 24/7, not good at all..
9 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Answer No. 1
    Do you have Alexa......it's really useful for doing what you want.....obviously not via the App tho......just a thought 🤔
    Answer No. 2
    Actually you can do this via the App..
    Select the "Hot Water" Tile....adjust the temperature to your required setting....and select a time for your new selection from the box below the sliding scale......"simples"😎
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    I’m guessing this might be an issue if you’re connected via 230v relay. On Opentherm it still works the same as before so it’s not clear to me why Tado would change the functionality.
  • I don't think that tado° have changed the functionality.....I think that it's a "user error" 😎
  • It's standard in the UK to have 1/2 hr, 1hr hot water boost on all heating controls. Bizarre it's not a feature on Tado
  • When I first installed tado you could switch the hot water on for a one hour boost, now I am unable to do this and have to remember to turn it back to resume schedule, not that convenient.

• Did the hot water boost "tile" get added?