Internet Bridge, Ethernet and Blinking Router Light

Options

Every few days my Tado setup goes offline, leaving me without hot water or core functionality of Tado.

My Tado is connected to my router via Ethernet with an IP reserved. It's powered via USB cable plugged into the router.

Troubleshooting steps (with router powered on):

Reserved IP address

Verified all other network devices are

Disconnect power from bridge, reconnect. Router light continues to

Only way I can fix (at present)

Turn router off and on (and lose connectivity for all devices)

The fix is a problem - how am I meant to fix it when I'm out of the house? I've seen solutions where people use IFTTT and smart sockets but troubleshooting step 3 above for me suggests it won't work.

Have other customers observed this issue? Any ideas on a solid fix? I don't understand how it can be a router/ISP issue if every single other device is still online.

Comments

• davidlyall
    Options

Is this router provided by your ISP or one you've sourced yourself?

If it's from your ISP then it might be worth trying to speak to their support as there may be something they can help with.

My setup is the same as yours except I've not reserved an address for the bridge. I'm on Vodafone fibre and haven't had any issues with connectivity

A few things to suggest

• try another network port on the router
    • try a different power source for the bridge
    • try a different network cable. unlikely to be this but best to rule it out
    • try adding a network switch between bridge and router but be careful that it will support the 10Mbps half duplex connection that the bridge uses

Do you have any other wired devices connected or only the bridge? This may indicate an issue with the network switch element of the router.

• GrilledCheese2
    Options
    Definitely try an external power supply. Some routers will put the USB port to sleep when it is perceived to be inactive. There's no mechanism for the bridge to reactivate the power.
  • P4y
    Options

@GrilledCheese2 - I changed over to a power supply to the wall and haven’t had issues since. Fingers crossed this continues. Thank you.