Installing Wireless Starter Kit on Glowworm Betacom 24C

Options

I have just ordered the Wireless Starter Kit and looking at how this will install to my boiler (with no current Room Thermostat).

The Manual for it is here : https://www.freeboilermanuals.com/assets/pdf/glowworm/glowworm-betacom-c-july-09.pdf

Looking at Page 37 would it just connect the 2 wires to where it says "System Controls 230V" ?

It looks as if the bridge wire needs to be cut, then COM on the Tado should go to L on the boiler and SL on the Tado should go to NO.

However on the boiler manual it only has 1 wire connected into the block connector?

Thanks for any advice in advance

Comments

• nickharper
    Options

Ah, I think I just cut the bridge wire, add a connector and then one goes to COM and one goes to NO?

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    When you do the install, you should get customised install instructions from Tado - have you not received them?

Also judging by p36, your boiler supports Opentherm/ebus. Assuming it’s compatible with Tado (and your wireless kit supports it) I would recommend doing connecting it through this - Tado will be able to modulate the heating level according to temperature, potentially saving you money and wear and tear on your boiler.
  • nickharper
    Options

Thanks, it hasn't arrived yet. I was just looking into it so I knew if I needed to buy anything for the install.

I also read that the UK versions of Tado don't use ebus?

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Yup, if you want to use ebus you’ll need either the EU wireless receiver or the old extension kit, which usually pops up on eBay for about £50.
  • nickharper
    Options
    Ah it says I need to wait for the support team to get back to me :(

Are they usually quite quick? I'm pretty sure it's those 2 wires as well
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    Normally within a few hours I think