Potential new customer

Options
Hi all,

I'm looking for a smart thermostat and think Tado thermostat and it's TRVs would be the perfect fit.
I'm looking for some advice on switching my current system with the wired smart thermostat v3+.

I currently have an Ideal Logic combi ESP1 35 connected to two (multi zone) wired ESi ESRTP4 room thermostats.
I'm wondering if it would be a simple swap from the ESRTP4 to the Tado thermostat?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Kev

Comments

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

Your current device is a programmable wired thermostat powered by batteries. The Tado wired thermostat is a direct replacement. Purchase one wired starter kit, plus an add-on wired thermostat. Installation should be easy - Tado customer support will give you the wiring instructions.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    It should be, but you won’t be able to connect two wired Tado thermostats, only one, so might be worth considering getting the wireless starter kit and an additional wireless temperature sensor instead, or just wire one thermostat and get an additional temperature sensor.

Ideal boilers support Opentherm (though some need an additional harness) which is worth considering if you want your boiler to modulate its output, potentially using less gas. However thanks to Tado’s decision to remove support from its uk wireless kits, to do this you’ll need either an EU wireless kit, the old extension kit, or to use a wired thermostat.