Getting setup for Winter with a Baby. Do I need more Smart valves?

Options

Hi there,

So last winter we moved in and the house has a hard wired Tado in the hallway.

I had 1 valve an placed it in the Living/dinning room and have since had a baby who will be moving into her own room around Winter time, so I picked up a new smart valve for her room and installed it today.

My main thing is I want to have Tado "ignore" the hallway wired module temps ( honestly its a stupid place for it but I cant move it) and I want tado to only draw heat when the Living room/dining room needs it and when Baby's room needs it. I don't want it firing up all the radiators on the way to them if that's possible? It seemed to do that over last winter and my guess is I need the whole house with the smart valves on so they stay "closed"? I suppose I could technically shut all of the valves? on them myself?

If anyone could shed some light onto if this is possible that would be great, Hell just being able to ignore the hallway one would be great to be honest as there is a massive Rad right next to it and it getting to temp messes with all the others in the house.

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    I presume you’ve put the wired thermostat and living room trv in separate rooms on the app? Assuming it’s called ‘hallway’ or something similar, set it to off, then Tado will only call for heat from the other two trvs. You’ll need to either install Tado trvs on the other radiators so you can control their temperature or turn the manual trvs off yourself.

Bear in mind that unless you have an incredible level of insulation it often works out more efficiently to keep the other radiators on but at a lower temperature as cold surrounding rooms will take much of the heat from a single on radiator.