Smart Radiator Thermostat Not Powering

Options
One of my smart radiator thermostats (which I bought back in December) is now not working, despite working perfectly during the last season.

It does not power up, even with brand new batteries, and everything has been checked with support and they have suggested a replacement.

The issue is that although this device is faulty, Tado are not honouring the warranty because I bought the brand new quattro pack from eBay, which they deem to be an unauthorised second hand retailer.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with a device failing to power up or with Tado refusing a repair?

Comments

• Yes! I have the exact same problem now! I tried everything! 😩
  • hugbilly
    Options

Surely it should be the eBay retailer who is responsible, what were the terms of sale?

• ralphjay
    ralphjay
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Update. Tado did nothing and couldn't get anything out of the seller. Was forced to purchase a new thermostat from Tado. I now see that there's a cornucopia of suppliers selling Tado devices, whether they recognise them as official resellers or not.

Now I have just had another smart radiator thermostat just brick itself and is refusing to power up. I'm going to go out on a limb and accuse Tado of planned obsolescence.
  • ralphjay
    Options
    @Catchlites Did you ever get yours sorted?
  • wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

Unfortunately some eBay sellers are less than scrupulous. We have one problematic SRV of four from an eBay seller, less than 12 months old. The seller has ignored our messages for warranty claim. Ebay seller lesson 101.