ecoTec 24 installation troubles

Options

I have a Vaillant ecoTec 24 boiler with VRT 350f wireless thermostat.

I have installed my Tado thermostat as per instructions from the app for this model of boiler (using only black and grey wires to bus ports). Extension kit, bridge and thermostat are connected and working (as shown by app). Photos of installation below.

When I try to turn on the heating, nothing happens. Only the existing thermostat seems to control anything. Does the VRT 350f need to be decomissions/deactivated somehow before Tado can work or should it work straight away?

I have also changed the configuration on the Tado wireless thermostat to the D07 setting as the 350f looks like a calorMatic device from what I can see from Google Images.

Wondering if anyone would be able to let me know what I'm doing wrong or provide some pointers.

Thanks.

Comments

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Have you set the Tado to use vaillant ebus? Edit: Ah, looks like you have

https://cdn.brandfolder.io/607DGEMS/as/bxgtx5kghgjrbcs4m68kqch/Extension_Kit_Manual_-_Low_Voltage_Digital_Installations.pdf

Not sure why you still have your l and n wired in either - is that a parking slot?

Also what is your extension kit connected to? A Tado trv or temperature sensor?

I would think you’d need to disconnect your old thermostat, check the manual to see how it’s wired in.
  • Imprint8000
    Options

L and N are not wired in currently (if you're talking about the EK), they are loose and behind the plastic.

My EK is connected to a Tado thermostat via a Tado bridge.

From talking to Tado support I didn't realise that a plastic panel on the front of my boiler is a wireless receive for the calorMatic 350F thermostat. I believe this speaking to the boiler over eBUS at the same time was causing a conflict.

I have since removed this component and I believe it is working more correctly now but I shall update this thread later in the week to confirm.

• So it seems like I can now remotely use my Tado as expected. I didn't realise that behind this inconspicuous piece of plactic on the front of the boiler was infact the wireless receiver for the calorMatic 350f wireless thermostate. I removed this and everything was working correctly.

I also didn't see the installation instructions that paired both the 350f and thermostat install together but Tado support were very helpful in helping me realise my mistake.

• jonuga
    Options

Would you be so kind to let me know how you removed the 350F thermostat? Did you just insert a screwdriver and pulled?

• Jeroen_V
    Options

Hi Imprint,

I Want to thank you so much for making this post. My Tado setup wasn't working 100% correctly since my boiler temperature only went up to 50°C even if i put in at 70°C.

Removing the front panel(receiver) solved this problem. I Didn't even know it was a removeable part until today. Just took a screwdriver, removed it, reset my boiler and everything worked as it should and temperature went up to 70°C.

You are my hero. :D

• vmguru
    vmguru
    edited January 2023
    Options

I have a Vaillant ecotech 28 pro and its wired like this

1. Live and Neutral
    2. + and - for D07 ebus (modulating)