Ideal Logic+ Combi C30 heating not working.

Hi,

Before installing the Tado products, my boiler (Ideal Logic+ Combi C30) had a Salus LG+5V wireless receiver which was installed into the front plate of the boiler. Please see photos attached. Before the tado installation I removed the wireless receiver.

I followed the tado setup and instructions and have double checked the wiring multiple times to see if I have made an error, but I believe I have not. Please find photos attached. I have also included before the setup wiring too.

The above 2 photos was the previous wiring.

My issue is I have not central heating. I ask for heat via the app, the app says "heating". The wireless receiver heating light flicks on and the relay clicks, so that's all working but the boiler doesn't fire up.

Has anyone had the same issue or know how to work around this? I have spoken to online support but I'm getting a reply every 2 days or so.

If anyone can help, id appreciate it.

Thanks

Frankie 😊

Comments

• The wiring looks ok, except the black wire might not be making contact with the CH COM terminal. Difficult to see in the photo, but it looks like the wire is pushed in too far and the metal terminal is gripping the outer sleeve.

• Thanks for having a look.

I have just again opened up the boiler and wireless receiver and released the wires from the terminals and reattached them and unfortunately still not firing up. The wireless receiver CH light comes on, and the relay clicks but the request doesn't get sent to the boiler.

When testing on the receiver, you click the CH button. Should the light for the CH be on or should the light be out? just want to double check.

Thanks

Frankie

• GrilledCheese2
    edited September 2022

I've just had a look at the installer manual. You need to link the connector block where the RF module was connected. You may need to cut the wires and connector off the RF module if there isn't a spare connector parked up somewhere in the boiler housing.

Edit: Just to be clear the link only goes between 2 wires on the connector. You don't want to be linking all 3 wires as one will be a Neutral.

• Hi,

Interesting topic since I was stuck in a similar situation to FrankieChesh. For me, the installation was flawless (my boiler is a Worcester Boiler) but for my father-in-law's the installation got me! He has an Ideal Logic Combi C 30 Boiler with Halo wireless thermostat. So the Halo needed to be replaced by Tado! I wired everything as per the documentation(app) but the heating would not kick in! In the end, the last post from @GrilledCheese2 gave me a hint that I'd need to remove the Halo and plug-in Gen2 Harness Room Stat Link followed by a blanking plate! Luckily he had the Gen2 Harness Room Stat Link cable in the Halo box (left at the original installation).

In the end, all working :) Thank you. Sharing some photos of my installation. If you are thinking about how the wiring on the right-hand side looked like - the open therm terminals were left looped.

I also think Tado should add supplemental notes for Ideal Logic Combi boilers!

Original setup with Halo

Halo Removed and Gen2 Harness Room Stat Link plugged in!

For reference: The cable can be purchased here if you don't have one!

The boiler is August 2022 manufactured!

w.Intercom = i;