Installing tado to two zones.

Options

Hi there,

I'm trying to understand how to install tado to my boiler.

I have two zones - one for rooms and one for bathroom(with hot water), and I have two wired programmer for them individually.

Based on initial consultation with Tado, I have to install wired thermostat and one extension kit. But, next consultation said one wireless thermostat (with wireless receiver) is enough. I've asked confirmation of which one is correct to Tado and they corrected their answer - one wired thermostat and one extension kit are correct. I would like to know if any one have this kind of installation.

Thanks in advance

Answers

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

Can you provide brand and model numbers for your current devices. Your setup is probably quite regular, but the solution depends on the thermostats and programmers currently used.

• jun_roh
    Options
    Hi here is what I have.
    Boiler - Worcester Greenstar Classic 30CDI and hot water cylinder.
    Wired thermostats for room - Honeywell CM907
    Programmer for hotwater - Honeywell ST9100C

I've tried to check install instructions and professional installation guides. But, I couldn't find anuy combination of wired thermostat and extention kit. Only I could find was the combination of wireless and extention kit.
    Thanks in advance
  • GrilledCheese2
    Options

The ST9100C is a single channel programmer used here for HW scheduling. It's highly unlikely the wiring for the CH circuit is in the same location. If this is the case you cannot use a wireless thermostat for CH control.

The advice to use an Extension Kit and a Wired Thermostat is probably correct. The wired thermostat will solely control the CH and is independent of the extension kit used for HW.