Configuration

Options
Hi. Just installed wireless receiver. When trying to test the system, only the heating clicks on. When I press the hot water test nothing happens, no clicks, no light on the receiver. I have triple checked the wiring and it is definitely correct and secure.

After an hour of trying to sort it, I noticed in the installers guide, in section 7 (Test the system), there is mention of the hot water test button bring inactive if the configuration is set to single relay, i.e. Combi boiler. My system is S plan.

I went in to check/change the configuration and it seemed to be set to yellow (Combi boiler). I followed the instructions and changed it to green for S plan but still no good. I went back into configuration and it seemed to have reverted back to yellow again. I changed it again, got the flashing green then steady green. Tried testing the HW but same problem.

I then went back into configuration and again it seemed to have defaulted back to yellow. In desperation I tried changing to blue for gravity fed system. Saved it, tried testing but when I tested it switched both HW and heating on. Not surprised as I don't have a gravity fed system, but it proved the HW test button and relay was working.

I went back into configuration but this time instead of a yellow flashing light I had blue. I'm now thinking it won't keep the green configuration for S plan, which incidentally is supposed to be the factory default.

I changed it to green again, saved the configuration and went to test but back to square one. When I went back into configuration it was flashing yellow again.

Any ideas? Seems to be an issue retaining its setting to S plan, green.

Comments

• Tado have managed to sort it remotely and reconfigure the wireless bridge. All working as it should now.
  • Pete_N1
    Options
    I've got exactly the same issue. When i contacted Tado on the chat, they sent me a link to installation instructions. 😔
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    I think there are levels of Tado support. You need to get your request escalated so someone who knows what the problem is can look at the configuration. If it’s the same issue as the op, it doesn’t sound like an installation issue.
  • JTM01
    Options

I've got exactly the same issue, have had two different plumbers out to check the wiring just to make sure and both confirmed that it was correct. Which they have. I then found this article.

Have raised a support request now, but hope I don't end up with being sent to the installation instructions.

Any ideas on how to get the the "right" level of support, would be greatly appreciated. Have been without hotwater for 2 days now.

• Silious
    Options

This describes the issue I am currently encountering. Was anyone able to resolve this without Tado being involved? Resetting the devices in sequence or anything like that?

• Thomasi
    Options

I am having the same issues at the moment. My system should be a gravity-fed system judging by the instructions given.

• Thomasi
    Options

Thanks a Customer services advisor sorted it in less than 6 hours. The message below...

I checked your tado° account and found the cause of the Hot Water control issue.

When registering the tado° devices, the automatic configuration did not assign the Wireless Temperature Sensor to help with the Hot Water controls. Without it the Hot Water control in the app had no effect.

I now assigned the Wireless Temperature Sensor to work with the Wireless Receiver to control Hot Water, and it will work correctly.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

• Thistle
    Options

@Thomasi does your hot water show both the wireless receiver and the Wireless Temperature Sensor when you go into the settings? I'm having a similar problem where I'm not getting hot water.

• Zeefaya
    Options
    I am having exact same issue, it is shame Tado do not have any solution for customers to implement themselves